Bike Touring Highlight
The village church in Groß Mohrdorf was built from brick in the second half of the 13th century. It is a three-aisled brick church with a polygonal choir, a southern sacristy and a southern porch.
There are three mausoleums in the churchyard, including the burial chapel of the Klot-Trautvetter family.
May 23, 2021
The three-aisled brick church with polygonal choir, southern sacristy and southern vestibule was built in the second quarter of the 13th century. The wider west building has an unfinished central tower under the pyramid roof. There are remains of a console frieze on the nave.
The church with its ribbed vault contains high quality baroque furnishings. The flat ceiling of the sacristy is painted with tendrils. The patronage box is located on the upper floor. The altar structure was made around 1700 by Johannes Wendt from Stralsund. It has a rich relief decoration and acanthus carvings. The pulpit from 1702 also comes from Wendt; she is supported by a Moses figure. The basket is decorated with scenes from the story of Christ and the Evangelists, the sound cover is crowned by a Madonna. Other objects are the crucifix (around 1500), the sandstone epitaph from the east (1613) with a marble relief of the resurrection and figures of the deceased. The confessional dates from 1763. The choir windows were made in 1894 by the Royal Institute for Glass Painting in Berlin.
There are three mausoleums in the churchyard: the Klot-Trautvetter burial chapel, the Preetz chapel and another.
November 19, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.