Ev. Church of St. Nicolai
The Protestant church of St. Nicolai stands on a hill. There is also a fortified cemetery, the wall of which is present in parts. From the medieval church the west tower is preserved. The portal dates from 1740. During this time, the plastered quarry hall, which carries a wooden barrel vault, was added. The former pulpit altar, where the pulpit is separated, probably dates from 1756. The church also has signs of a fortified church due to its location. So there is a former loopholes in the south. The masonry has a tower and nave about a thickness of about 1.20 m to 1.40 m. The upper, 2.5 m high, massive end of the church tower dates to the year 1681. An earlier bell was recovered for war purposes in 1917 because of the First World War.
At present, the spire is covered with bitumen. It will be like this for some time, until probably in 3J completely renovated ...
November 23, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!