The fortress Kamerlengo is a castle and fortress It was built at the time of the Republic of Venice. The fort became soon after the takeover of the city by the Republic of Venice in 1420. It is part of the expansion of the Veriga tower (Tower of Chains), which was built in the same place in 1380
Originally the fort was surrounded by a moat and on the north and east side a large wall supported the defense of the castle. The main entrance on the north side had a drawbridge. The lord of the castle and his crew lived in houses in the courtyard. They were destroyed in the 19th century together with the chapel of St. Mark (according to Wikipedia)
September 17, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!