The Weingarten chapel was built in 1760. In the foundation picture in the chapel, a man and a woman kneel near two wild bulls. A Viennese butcher who was attacked by the bulls that had gone wild managed to escape from a tree. In gratitude, he had the chapel built. In the late 17th century, the chapel was completely renovated by Josef Novy from Vienna Mariahilf. The municipality of Guntramsdorf undertook to keep the chapel in good condition. In 1865 the parish priest Josef Böck ceremoniously consecrated the vineyard chapel.
January 25, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!