Bike Touring Highlight
The "Fabrikgut Hammer" is station 26 of the Pegnitztal - Ost nature trail and deals with the history of the property, the site and the factory. The area has been a listed building as an industrial history ensemble since 1977. It is freely accessible all year round and can be visited. The museum is open from Easter to October. Be sure to drop by.
January 9, 2020
Already in the 14th century (1372) there was a mill in Hammer from which an industrial property gradually developed. After the integration of Franconia into the Kingdom of Bavaria (1806), the "Messing- und Lahngoldwerk Hammer" was the largest factory in the Nuremberg region. Bombing in 1943 marked the end of brass production. In 1977 the entire area was listed as an industrial history ensemble.
March 30, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!