Bike Touring Highlight
Extract from the website of the city of Wangen:
The route from the old town to the south leads along Paradiesstrasse through Martinstor. The name is derived from the neighboring parish church. A painting of St. Martin can be seen on the side facing the city center. The people of Wangen also call the tower the Lindauer Tor. It is mentioned for the first time in 1347. The Martinstor - like the Ravensburger Tor - was given its current shape in 1608, whereby its originally Gothic character was partially preserved. In the gate passage there are remains of the Gothic painting. The various tower rooms have been restored and furnished. They are used by local associations. The painting on Paradiesstrasse was done by August and Josef Braun in 1928. On the south-facing side of the gate there is a clock in the middle that advises visitors to the city center: "Take your time!"Historical view
November 1, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.