The Ponale road was built from 1848 to 1851 by Giacomo Cis to connect the Ledro Valley with the Garda area. In honor of its builder it was named after him (Sentiero del Ponale di Giacomo Cis).  It was the first and only direct connection from the Lake Garda area to the Ledro Valley and ended its isolation.
September 10, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!