It has probably been for twelve generations
Built in 1525 and owned by the
Landgraves of Hesse standing forest mill
owned by the Ungemach family. The mill was in operation until 1942
and had an average grinding capacity
of 60 tons / year. 1958 was a new water wheel
installed that has since been the shotgun for the
Agriculture drive. First mentioned
the red water 1485 as "Bracht". Received in 1766
it is the basis in a tax book
for its current name: Rode water.
The headwaters of the red water are located
on the Brücher meadows in the heart of the castle forest at an altitude of 300 m.
February 6, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!