The date on which the "Green Lion" mine was put into operation is still in the dark. In any case, it was already operated in the period around 1718 and was mentioned by name for the first time around 1746, when a newly formed trade union filed a loan application among others for the Grüner Löwe mine.In the first place, copper ore was mined here. Even the intermittent silver was won.
The pit was operated over three soles. The mouth hole of the lower gallery is located in the Schweinstal a few meters above the Friedrich pit, but on the opposite side of the valley. About 30 meters above this tunnel lies the "Mittlerer Stollen" and the "Obere Stollen" is again about 22 meters above it. This "Upper Stollen" was later mined in the open pit and its remains can still be seen clearly and impressively today.
January 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!