Road Cycling Highlight
Surrounded by water is the defiant Renaissance castle of Neuhaus, a district of Adelsdorf near Erlangen in Middle Franconia. It was originally a medieval castle with late gothic chapel and the still existing tower from 1528. Johann Philipp von Crailsheim had it remodeled 1612-1618 in the style of the Renaissance. The castle was looted in 1796 by French troops and was thereafter uninhabitable. Only in 1902 it was restored by baron Sigmund von Crailsheim. The facility is still privately owned by the family.
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!