Since 2012, the facilities in their current extension again have an area of more than 31 hectares, of which approx. 20 ha are accounted for by the previous, southern part. on. The forest stand consists mainly of deciduous forest with a biotope with oak and beech. On the grounds are a playground, a football field, two shelters and two larger open spaces, the Lange Wiese and the Kaiserplatz.
August 12, 2017
On May 29, 2001, an oak tree was inaugurated in the Ronsdorf complex in honor of the long-time chairman of the Ronsdorf Improvement Association, Hans Bilstein. Born on March 29, 1928 in Norden Ronsdorfs, Bilstein began studying textile engineering after the Second World War, then training with the police, before emigrating to South America in 1949. But he could not gain a foothold in Buenos Aires and he returned in 1952. He joined the Carl Bocklenberg Sons company and worked there until his retirement in 1990. From 1970 to the turn of the millennium, he headed the Ronsdorf Improvement Association, which owns the Ronsdorf facilities in the north of the district. In the same year he received the Federal Cross of Merit and in May 2001 the said oak was donated to him, but it was soon replaced by another offspring because the first one did not grow
At the inauguration, Bilstein's successor Bernd Drache emphasized that oak was planted because the honoree had rendered outstanding services to the Ronsdorf Forest through exceptional commitment. On that day, Bilstein wanted the Ronsdorfer Beautification Association to get back the parts of the Bundeswehr premises that had been expropriated when the barracks were set up.
June 14, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!