The Käshammer was first mentioned in a document in 1607, where it was awarded a gold gulden water knowledge (right to use water). At that time, farmers in the Saalscheider Mark jointly used the facility as a bone mill. Over the centuries, ownership changed several times through inheritance divisions and sales. Depending on the tenant or owner, the name of the hammer also changed, so that it was also mentioned in the documents as Henshammer, Saalscheider Hammer, Goldenbergshammer, Höltershammer, among others. From 1824 the name Käshammer prevailed under the owner Carl Noltzen.
May 13, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!