The Petrihaus was built around 1720 as a half-timbered house on the banks of the Nidda in Rödelheim and is now directly opposite the Brentanopark on the other side of the river. In 1819, merchant and banker Georg Brentano bought it from the master baker Johannes Petri for 1,150 gulden and in 1820 converted it into a romantic-classical, pseudo-Swiss style. He used the house as a personal retreat and set up a salon, a study and a bedroom on the first floor.de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petrihaus
October 28, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.