Bike Touring Highlight
The Catholics in Wildeshausen built their own church building for the first time in 1810–1811. However, damage soon became apparent due to design errors. After repairs in 1820 did not help, the church was demolished due to the risk of collapse.
From 1823 to 1824 Heinrich Carl Slevogt built a new church on the foundations of the previous building. This had a rectangular floor plan, semi-circular closed windows, a hipped roof on the east side and a roof turret.
From 1901 to 1902 a neo-Romanesque church tower was added on the west side by Heinrich Flügel. In 1951 the church was redesigned while keeping the tower.
August 10, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.