Bike Touring Highlight
The water treatment plant in today's border area was built in 1910, which then supplied with 1,100 houses then Świnoujście with water.
After the war, the waterworks was under the supervision of the Soviet administration. The daily operation was carried out directly by Germans. Only on June 11, 1951, the building including all water wells of the Polish administration has been transferred!Because of the waterworks, the Oder-Neisse border was moved in 1951 so that 75 ha came to Poland.
December 25, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!