Now known as Dechanei, this former Corveyer manor house has been owned since the 14th century by the noble family v. Amelunxen. Christoph von Amelunxen, who had acquired a fortune as a captain in the service of the French king, built in 1564 - 1571 this undoubtedly best known Höxteraner house in the style of the Weserrainassance.
A close look at the zweigiebelige front with more than 60 differently shaped fan rosettes. The execution of the carvings and the elaborate facade design with the polygonal, two-storey Utlucht not only testifies to the wealth of ideas and skill of the building craftsmen, but also from the wealth of the client. Since 1796, the farm is used as a parsonage of the Catholic parish and home of the parish dean.
December 23, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.