Schloss Wolftitz is the successor of the built by the lords of Einsiedel from 1460 Wolfsburg built around the year 800 by Sorbs. Today the lock is according to the sign at the gate column after the seat of the v. Einsiedel Forestry Wolftitz.
The predecessor building, the Wolfsburg, was until 1455 home of the Kunz von Kaufungen, who planned and executed the Saxon prince robbery in that year. In addition to his beheading in Freiberg, the Wolfsburg was also ground as punishment.The battle forest was named after a 21-year dispute over possession and hunting rights in the forest between 997 and 1018.
Through the battle forest the Wyhra flows coming from Gnandstein.
December 18, 2016
In the valley between 1460 and 1480 with the castle Wolftitz was a knight seat of the lords of Einsiedel on Gnandstein. It remained until the expropriation without compensation in the Soviet occupation zone in the year 1945 in the possession of different family members of those of Einsiedel. From 1948/49 it was used until the year 2000 as a retirement and nursing home. Since then, the building is empty. Recently it has bought back the family of Einsiedel together with a forest property.
October 26, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!