Stamp location 035 of the Harz hiking pin
Special postmark Wernigeröder Märchenweg and nature trail
January 29, 2018
On May 1, 1464 Heinrich Count zu Stolberg and the city of Wernigerode donated the 478m high Petersberg from their forest property to the St. Georgii Hospital in Wernigerode. The new mountain property benefited the many poor sick people, some of whom were also affected by leprosy. Very soon, the name of the mountain, previously dedicated to St. Peter, changed in the vernacular to "the poor Lude fetches" and from 1671 onward to "Armeleuteberg".
October 31, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.