According to ancient documents Uetze has its name from the lords of "von Uttensen", which belonged to the family of the Dukes of Brunswick and Lüneburg. Some centuries later, the descendants called themselves "von Uetze".
Seat of the landlords of Uttensen was the "Junkernhof". This Junkernhof, together with the former hotel »Zum Neuen Garten« and a house on the Stauwiese, is one of the oldest buildings in the municipality. The present appearance of the Junkernhof was created during the construction in 1635. The previous manor house was demolished at that time to make room for the new building.
October 16, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!