The mill was built in 1789 by the court farmer Andreas Straub. It replaces a “grinding and sawing mill” that was previously here but has become dilapidated. It operated as a grain mill until 1938. The mill has an overshot water wheel, it is driven by the weight of the water of the Sasbach.
It was completely renovated inside and outside in 1983/84 and 2000/01 and has been fully functional again since then. Today the mill is a listed building and is owned by the municipality of Sasbachwalden.
October 2, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!