Bike Touring Highlight
An old village church built of old stones. Worth a rest.The Romanesque round tower is one of the few of its kind in the wider area, it dates from around 1250, an exact construction time is not documented. It was built as a military and round tower and provided with a secret passage to the residents in case of an attack, the opportunity to leave the area inconspicuously. The stone built church was like the village in 1300 owned by the family of Oedeme in Lüneburg, In 1341 she gave away her patronage to the provost and the convent of the monastery of Lüne. The sovereign took over in 1529, after the Reformation patronage. In the north wall of the present church remains of the masonry from the period around 1350 are preserved, the former had probably a low roof and a flat wooden ceiling, and an altar on the east side. In the renovation between 1450 and 1460, the building was renewed while maintaining the outer walls. Buttresses were added to support the new vault.Further information and source:
September 6, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.