The Bismarck house was built in the Middle Ages (1447) as part of the municipal fortification (bulwark). As part of the "softening" in 1792, the sale to private owners. In 1833, the later Chancellor Otto von Bismarck used the house as his dormitory, probably because, as a student, he had celebrated and drunk too much in the city and was no longer welcome within the walls. In 1931 the Bismarck Memorial was established here and in 1962 the Bismarck House became the property of the City of Göttingen. In 1986, the house was expanded (additional dormer windows) and renovated.
According to the information board and as of June 2017, the Bismarckhaus Di is open from 10: 00-13: 00 and Thu and Sat from 15: 00-17: 00.
June 7, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!