Bike Touring Highlight
The name Weigersdorf first appears in documents in the 12th century; the church was consecrated in 1162.The construction of the presbytery began around 1437 under Abbot Ulrich. However, it was not completed until 1476, and inaugurated in August by Auxiliary Bishop Albert von Passau. The Weigersdorf branch church is built in the late Gothic style. The altars and the pulpit, however, date from the Baroque period. The church is equipped with three altars. The high altar is in honor of the holy martyrs Oswald, Johannes and Paulus. One side altar is dedicated to St. Wolfgang, St. Leonhard and St. Hieronimus and the second side altar is dedicated to the holy martyrs Sebastian, Panataleon and Achatius. Numerous statues of saints also adorn the Gothic church.
August 29, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!