Bike Touring Highlight
This power plant was built from 1943 to 1945 with the help of Jewish and Soviet forced laborers. It never went into operation. It was to supply electricity for a chemical plant that was built in Fürstenberg. After the war, the technical installations were transported to the Soviet Union as reparations. The ruin with numerous bullet holes should be demolished with EU funds, which probably prevented conservationists.
A silent witness - from dark times.
May 7, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.