Mountain Biking Highlight
Here stood the mill Mödrath, whose former foundation is still recognizable today. The earliest known evidence of the existence of the mill dates back to 1260, although it can be assumed that it had been in operation for several years at that time. It belonged to the pin Kerpen and was leased from the Cistercian monastery in Bottenbroich.In the 18th and 19th centuries, it served as a paint mill. A specially erected turbine ensured that Mödrath Castle and Mill were the first buildings in the Bergheim district at the beginning of the 20th century that had electricity available. When relocating in the run-up to the lignite mine, the Mühlengut moved to Kerpener Niederfeld - the old mill itself was demolished.
April 5, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!