Bike Touring Highlight
Magnificent old church building, partly made of red brick and partly plastered and whitewashed. Noteworthy is the wall around the church, in which the old gravestones are embedded. For services and current events and further information, please look here:
June 5, 2017
In 1841 the medieval chapel, which was enlarged in 1720, was torn down and a church built in the late classicist style, in which the first Fischerhude pastor was introduced in 1852. In 1859 the Fischerhuder took their old gravestones from the Wilstedt cemetery and inserted them into the churchyard wall around their church. Almost ten years later, the village of Quelkhorn came to the parish, which resulted in an expansion and increase in the size of the church. In the middle of the 19th century, many people in Fischerhude and Quelkhorn were caught up in the revival movement; it led to heated arguments and the separation of a group of church members who turned to Baptism.
One of the lasting fruits of the revival movement is the Trumpet Choir, founded in 1867 by the “Hanoverian Trumpet General” Pastor Nicolassen, one of the oldest choirs of the Hanoverian regional church. During the Nazi era, a strong denominational group gathered around Pastor Günter Tidow in Fischerhude and Quelkhorn.
April 4, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!