The first documentary mention of the medieval castle was made around 1176 in a document of the Landgrave of Thuringia - (castrum nostrum). Already in 1168 a Burgmann Heidenreich von Tenneberg appeared. Under Landgrave Ludwig III. Castle Tenneberg was also the protection and shield of the 5 km (as the crow flies) removed house monastery Reinhardsbrunn intended (Wikipedia).
February 23, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.