Bike Touring Highlight
Sülfeld is mentioned for the first time in 1207 - as Sullevelde.
The patronage of the church was exercised by the manor on Borstel, from 1588 together with his brother, owner of the Jersbek estate.
In 1667 the church tower was given the shape of its stepped gable.
In 1773 today's pastorate is established.
In 1968 the parish was significantly downsized. In the course of renovation work, the galleries in the church are removed.
In 1991, the side extensions to the church tower were removed as part of building renovation work.
In 2004 the pastorate, the neighboring coach house and the whole area were completely renovated.
2007 Sülfeld celebrates its 800th birthday.Sülfeld has always been a church village. The church still drones in the center of the village and attracts visitors to the events. With the recently renovated churchyard, it has become a popular sunny wedding church for the region.gemeinde-suelfeld.de/pages/unsere-gemeinde/kirche.php
March 25, 2020
The church stands on a hill in the middle of the village. It is surrounded by a stone wall that also encloses the old cemetery. You can recognize its eventful history in the various architectural styles and interior fittings. It was first mentioned in a document in 1207. It belonged to the Hamburg cathedral chapter. Only in the course of the 13th century did the dependence on the lords of Borstel gradually develop.
August 13, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.