Bike Touring Highlight
The Schloss Neuhaus is not only a good spot for a landscape photo, but also hosts many open-air events and cultural events. About festival lights with fireworks, concerts or even the bike day, the Schlosspark Paderborn offers an interesting event for everyone. In the Neuhaus Castle, visitors can view permanent and special exhibitions relating to nature, the environment and history. The cultural offer in the castle park and on the Lippesee is huge. If you are interested in the exhibitions and numerous events, you can find out all about it on the homepage of the Schlosspark and Lippesee Society: schlosspark-paderborn.de
December 7, 2018
Neuhaus first finds mention in 1016 in the "Vita Meinwerci" of the biography of Bishop Meinwerk (1009-1036), written by Abbot Konrad von Abdinghof after 1165. The first documentary mention took place in the year 1036th A dispute between Episcopal sovereign and the population of the city Paderborn leads to the fact that from the former castle between the three rivers a episcopal residence grows. From 1370 until the secularization of 1802/03, the bishops of Paderborn manage their prince bishopric from Neuhaus Castle.
The castle is confiscated by the British forces after World War II, but returned to the community on July 19, 1964. Today it is used by a municipal secondary school and houses the representative rooms of the city of Paderborn.
In 1994, Paderborn hosted the State Garden Show of North Rhine-Westphalia at the Neuhäuser Schloss (Wiki). Recommended tour! I went to school there.
July 31, 2017
In the castle park are from May to October at the weekends always changing festivals. That makes the park particularly attractive. Just look in advance under schlosspark-paderborn.de/5-Veranstaltungen/Veranstaltungskalender-2017.
June 29, 2017
The first mention of the place Neuhaus comes from the year 1016 and can be found in the Vita "Meinwerci" by Abbot Konrad von Abdinghof. 1036 is the documentary mention. Local resident Michael Pavlicic reported in the chronicle of the St. Henricus Brotherhood from 2013 on the episcopal main courtyard Nyenhus with the Vorwerken Eles, Ascha, Burch and Thune.
In 1257, the Paderborn bishops there erected a festival house in a protected location about four kilometers northwest of the city of Paderborn. Due to disputes with the citizenship of the city Bishop Heinrich von Spiegel in 1370 finally moved the Episcopal residence to Neuhaus, from where until the annexation by the Kingdom of Prussia in 1802 the Prince Bishopric of Paderborn was ruled. The oldest surviving component of today's four-winged complex, the Haus Spiegel, is named after him. Every other part of the castle gets its name from the client.
May 5, 2018
The Neuhaus Palace in the Paderborn district of Neuhaus is named after him and is an important building of the Weser Renaissance. It is located in an island-like location at the confluence of the Lippe, Alme and Pader in the southeast corner of the Westphalian Bay.
Definitely worth seeing !!
September 15, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!