Bike Touring Highlight (Segment)
The ferry Caputh
The ferry Tussy II takes over since 1998, the ferry service since 1853 on the Caputher Gemünde existing ferry service. It is colloquially called simply ferry Caputh. As Caputher Gemünde is a section of the Potsdam Havel between the villages Caputh and Geltow, which are today districts of the Brandenburg community Schwielowsee designated.
The Havel flows through its numerous lakes and forms bays again and again. This is especially true on the section between Berlin and Brandenburg an der Havel. For example, in the area of today's Schwielowsee, it forms the waters of Templiner See and Schwielowsee. A narrow point of the Havel of about 50 m, however, is located on the Gemünde, a short link between these two lakes. Until the construction of the Sacrow-Paretzer Canal (1875), all ships between Berlin and Brandenburg had to overcome this bottleneck, so that there was a pilot there until 1880. While the navigation on the Havel benefited from the lake-like nature of the river, .......
More info Wikipedia
June 7, 2016
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.