Bike Touring Highlight
The old town hall in Soltau was in the past also called hotel "Zum Blaue Löwen". In 1825, the old half-timbered house on Poststraße was inaugurated. Soltau counted then about 1000 inhabitants (today about 22,000 inhabitants). On the ground floor was a dining room. In 1851 the district court moved to the town hall with a prison. One of the first full-time mayors was the well-known pagan poet Friedrich Freudenthal. Above the window in the small gable of the town hall is the old coat of arms of 1388.
In 1981 the new town hall was inaugurated.soltau-touristik.de/de/poi/detail/593fba95975a8e55b5b05dc1
August 12, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!