Bike Touring Highlight (Segment)
The Dortmund-Ems Canal was built from 1892 to 1899 and ceremoniously opened by Wilhelm II. The old canal bridge over the Ems was built from 1892 to 1897 and was used until 1940. In a bombing in August 1940, the KÜ was hit. The canal water spilled into the Ems until the barrage northeast of the overpass could be closed. Since 1939, the new ride is in operation.Sources:
July 10, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!