Bike Touring Highlight
The church was a European pilgrimage destination from the end of the 14th to the middle of the 16th century, after the belief in a miracle of wafers had spread in 1383. After the Reformation, the first Protestant pastor of Wilsnack, Joachim Ellefeld, destroyed the alleged miracle hosties by burning them in 1552 before witnesses. This eliminated the reason for the pilgrimages.
August 2, 2020
Probably the brick church was built in the 13th century, but this is not yet fully understood. From the end of the 14th to the middle of the 16th century, the church was one of the largest places of pilgrimage in Germany. The church is always open, and can be visited.
August 11, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!