Mountain Biking Highlight
Shortly after the "seizure of power" by Adolf Hitler in 1933, the rearmament of the Luftwaffe was operated. For the production and storage of ammunition needed larger forest areas in which the work could be performed as unrecognized by foreign countries. In 1934, the Air Force Ministry acquired the "Baronswald" located in the Neuendettelsau community center and some adjoining properties with a total of approx. 200ha via the competent authorities. On this well-camouflaged terrain a Luftmunitionsanstalt ("Muna" for short) was created for aerial bombs. In several workhouses, prefabricated bomb blanks were equipped with explosives and detonators for the "ready to use" mission. The operational bombs were stored in about 100 bunkers scattered in the forest. The delivery of the individual parts and the transport of the bombs to the military air base in Katterbach near Ansbach took place via a nearly 1 km long siding to Neuendettelsau station, which was built especially for this purpose.
June 2, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!