Bike Touring Highlight
The castle was built in the early 17th century in the late Gothic gable building. The outbuilding was not added until 1930. In the hammer building was once housed a glass grinding and polishing plant, which was operated until 1914.
Immediately nearby is the castle with rustic beer garden. There you can enjoy a cold beer and hearty snacks - pure holiday feeling!
May 23, 2019
Castle chapel St. Lorenz UnterwildenauAt the beginning of the 16th century, the Plech built a chapel dedicated to St. Lawrence next to the castle in Unterwildenau. The acanthus altar was donated by Johann Ludwig Diez (around 1670). The family also donated an anniversary for the chapel and the parish church in Luhe. Several weddings were celebrated in the chapel, for example Anton Ignaz von Hann married Maria Barbara Sommer there on January 11, 1765 and Franz Amand von Hirschberg married the heiress of Hofmarks, Katharina von Hann, on February 19, 1798.
July 12, 2021
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!