The old wooden bridge was built in 1466. It has 5 openings with explosive devices. The northern field is slightly bent.
In 1535 the wooden pillars were replaced by stone pillars. The four hexagonal pillars were fitted with rectangular support heads.
The town-side bridgehead has been fortified since 1765 with a sandstone gate.
Length 92 m, widths 18.7 - 19.2 - 20.9 - 16.5 - 15.9 m, height 3.4 m, width 6.4 m
More about the bridge: karl-gotsch.de/Monatsbruecken/2009Mai.htm
May 22, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!