The Jewish cemetery of Memmelsdorf in Lower Franconia is north of the village and has an area of 33.40 ares. Today there are about a hundred tombstones (mazevot). In 1813, with 240 people, half of the Memmelsdorf population was Jewish. The first burial in the Memmelsdorf cemetery took place on July 8, 1835, the last in November 1937. Men and women are buried in separate rows in about 113 individual graves. The cemetery was renovated in the 1950s. The area was reduced by moving the cemetery wall by 50 meters.
May 23, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.