Mountain Biking Highlight
Ramholz Castle and the historic Ramholz Landscape Park are located in the hamlet of Ramholz in the Vollmerz district of the city of Schlüchtern. The palace and park are cultural monuments according to the Hessian Monument Protection Act.
In 1883 the industrialist Hugo von Stumm (1845-1910) acquired the Huttenschloss with the Steckelburg, which was built in 1501. The castle was then added to the old Huttenschloss by the architects Emanuel and Gabriel von Seidl in 1893-95. The optical connection between the new building and the Huttenschloss is the former entrance for employees and suppliers, the so-called "Englische Höfchen". The variety of architectural forms and styles used can be seen on the main facade. You can find a baroque, richly decorated volute gable, the large, square castle tower, as an emulation of a medieval defensive tower, bay windows in different shapes, differently arranged windows, Tudor half-timbered gable, the entrance portal designed in the style of the neo-Renaissance and not to forget a richly designed roof landscape with differently decorated chimneys.
The manor, greenhouses with market gardening, orangery, forester's house, family crypt, tea house and bowling alley belonged to the overall complex of the castle.
The castle is privately owned and is not open to the public.
September 4, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.