Ruins of the Neuenberg hill castle built in the 12th century. In 1640 it was taken over by the Swedes and destroyed. Due to the major damage, it was then ground in 1662.
Parts of the outer walls, the entrance and the moat are still standing.
The dwarf cave, a seven-meter limestone stalactite cave, is located just below on the mountain
August 2, 2020
The fortification from the 12th / 13th centuries Century near Frielingsdorf-Scheel was originally owned by the Counts of Berg. It is possibly mentioned in a document for the first time in 1160, but certainly in 1267, and served as a border fortification. Today the walls are in decline. On the wooded ridge of the Neuenberg you can still find the remains of the hilltop castle with moat and wall as well as two watchtowers and relics of a gate tower.
September 15, 2020
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.