Bike Touring Highlight
This large stone church of nave, choir and high apse was built around 1170; the massive tower added around 1200. The Romanesque portals on the north and south side, as well as the original small windows can still be seen. The church was rebuilt in the Baroque style in the second half of the 18th century: the windows changed, the mansard roofs were added. The wooden interior from the same period was completely repainted in 1993. The altar evidently underwent several transformations: instead of the Crucifixion of the Baroque, there is now a crucifix. The angels were preserved with trumpets and palm branches. In front of the altar is a filigree baptismal font in classicist style. In 1909 the church received new windows and the western entrance. The church still has two medieval bells, about 1200 and about 1300 cast.
May 4, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!