The city church Jerichow was built as a single-aisled brick building with retracted, straight closed choir space between 1200 and 1220 on the foundations of a probably wooden predecessor building. The attached truss tower was first mentioned in the 16th century. Inside the church is a magnificent Renaissance epitaph of marble and alabaster, which was built for the 1606 deceased bailiff Melchior von Arnstedt. It comes from the workshop of Sebastian Ertles in Magdeburg.
The church was renovated at the end of the 19th century in the interior, in 1991, the renovation of the tower.
May 1, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.