Burg Stettenfels in Untergruppenbach

Hiking Highlight

Created by komoot users
Recommended by 61 out of 64 hikers

Tips

  • Yasli Eşek Jörg

    The castle is open to the public and managed. The castle hosts concerts and theater events on behalf of the community. Since 2005, every year there is a medieval castle festival with knight tournaments, jugglers, music and craftsmen at the castle. The festival has been taking place on May 1st and the following weekend since 2007 and meanwhile has several hundred contributors and thousands of visitors.

    translated byView Original
    • July 16, 2015

  • MMM

    I like the place too. Worth mentioning is the great view of a here almost southern lowlands.

    translated byView Original
    • October 11, 2015

  • Natascha

    Stettenfels Castle is a hill fort and chateau complex that has existed since the Middle Ages and is now used for cultural events.
    The castle was built in the 11th century. From 1356 she was owned by Burkhard, Ritter von Sturmfeder. From 1462 to 1478 the lords of Helmstatt were owners of the castle. In the conquest 1504 in the Landshut war of succession by the Württemberger the castle came into their possession and became 1507 fief of the Württemberg mantle Konrad Thumb of Neuburg. His son Hans Konrad Thumb of Neuburg sold the fief in 1527 to Philipp von Hirnheim, who is considered a reformer of Gruppenbach.
    In 1551 Anton Fugger, a nephew of Jacob the Rich, acquired the castle. His son Hans Fugger had the facility rebuilt in 1576 by the master builder Wendel Dietrich into a renaissance castle. In 1594 the castle burned down, but was restored by Dietrich. In the 18th century was still trying to found a Kapuzinerhospices by the Fugger, these buildings were destroyed in 1735 by Württemberg. In 1747, Duke Karl of Württemberg acquired the property. In 1829, the community of Gruppenbach acquired the property and retained rights of use for subsequent sales. In the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries were continuous renovations. 1852 acquired the red tanner Friedrich grain from Calw the estate, 1858 the Hamburg businessman Anton Mayer, 1881 the landowner Friedrich Bürkle. Until 1888, the plant housed the State Forestry Office, in the same year acquired the Weinsberg farmer Christian Hildt the castle.
    In 1901, the Cologne lawyer Dr. Walter Putsch the facility and renovated the buildings in a contemporary style. In 1918, the Haldenwang family acquired the property. 1924 acquired the shoe manufacturer Siegfried Levy from Kornwestheim the plant. On October 5, 1937, however, the castle was "Aryanized" and the Jewish owner fled to South Africa. 1939, the old bailiwick were rebuilt and parts of the plant demolished to build a "religious castle" of the NSDAP, which could not be realized due to the war.
    After the Second World War, the plant was initially under American asset management. From 1946, the Protestant church operated a leisure and retirement home at the castle. In 1951, the castle came through a indemnity process to the widow of Siegfried Levy, who sold the castle in 1957 to Friedrich Spieser, of whose heirs the plant in 1994 to the Fleiner architect Roland Weimar passed.

    translated byView Original
    • May 14, 2018

  • Natascha

    Stettenfels Castle is a hill fort and chateau complex that has existed since the Middle Ages and is now used for cultural events.
    The castle was built in the 11th century. From 1356 she was owned by Burkhard, Ritter von Sturmfeder. From 1462 to 1478 the lords of Helmstatt were owners of the castle. In the conquest 1504 in the Landshut war of succession by the Württemberger the castle came into their possession and became 1507 fief of the Württemberg mantle Konrad Thumb of Neuburg. His son Hans Konrad Thumb of Neuburg sold the fief in 1527 to Philipp von Hirnheim, who is considered a reformer of Gruppenbach.
    In 1551 Anton Fugger, a nephew of Jacob the Rich, acquired the castle. His son Hans Fugger had the facility rebuilt in 1576 by the master builder Wendel Dietrich into a renaissance castle. In 1594 the castle burned down, but was restored by Dietrich. In the 18th century was still trying to found a Kapuzinerhospices by the Fugger, these buildings were destroyed in 1735 by Württemberg. In 1747, Duke Karl of Württemberg acquired the property. In 1829, the community of Gruppenbach acquired the property and retained rights of use for subsequent sales. In the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries were continuous renovations. 1852 acquired the red tanner Friedrich grain from Calw the estate, 1858 the Hamburg businessman Anton Mayer, 1881 the landowner Friedrich Bürkle. Until 1888, the plant housed the State Forestry Office, in the same year acquired the Weinsberg farmer Christian Hildt the castle.
    In 1901, the Cologne lawyer Dr. Walter Putsch the facility and renovated the buildings in a contemporary style. In 1918, the Haldenwang family acquired the property. 1924 acquired the shoe manufacturer Siegfried Levy from Kornwestheim the plant. On October 5, 1937, however, the castle was "Aryanized" and the Jewish owner fled to South Africa. 1939, the old bailiwick were rebuilt and parts of the plant demolished to build a "religious castle" of the NSDAP, which could not be realized due to the war.
    After the Second World War, the plant was initially under American asset management. From 1946, the Protestant church operated a leisure and retirement home at the castle. In 1951, the castle came through a indemnity process to the widow of Siegfried Levy, who sold the castle in 1957 to Friedrich Spieser, of whose heirs the plant in 1994 to the Fleiner architect Roland Weimar passed.

    translated byView Original
    • June 4, 2018

  • Hiver

    The cappuccino behind the restaurant line is very good, view great.

    translated byView Original
    • June 3, 2018

  • HeilbronnerLand

    Striking rises Stettenfels Castle visible from afar over Untergruppenbach. The well-preserved complex is today the backdrop for events of all kinds.

    translated byView Original
    • March 27, 2019

  • Bianka

    A very nice place to stay

    translated byView Original
    • November 16, 2018

  • Holger

    Wonderful view

    translated byView Original
    • May 11, 2019

  • Bubu7168

    Stettenfels Castle is beautifully situated with a wonderful view, delicious gastronomy, a kiosk and beautiful events throughout the year. The Christmas market is highly recommended.

    translated byView Original
    • June 15, 2020

In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!

Best Hikes to Burg Stettenfels in Untergruppenbach

Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.

  • Easy
    01:14
    2.86 mi
    2.3 mph
    175 ft
    175 ft
  • Intermediate
    01:43
    3.87 mi
    2.3 mph
    325 ft
    325 ft
  • Intermediate
    04:57
    11.0 mi
    2.2 mph
    1,100 ft
    1,100 ft
  • Intermediate
    02:25
    5.47 mi
    2.3 mph
    475 ft
    475 ft
  • Intermediate
    03:12
    7.34 mi
    2.3 mph
    525 ft
    525 ft
  • Intermediate
    02:22
    5.42 mi
    2.3 mph
    375 ft
    375 ft
  • Difficult
    06:18
    14.4 mi
    2.3 mph
    1,100 ft
    1,100 ft
  • Difficult
    07:12
    16.6 mi
    2.3 mph
    1,150 ft
    1,175 ft
Location: Untergruppenbach, Heilbronn, Stuttgart District, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Information

  • Elevation10 m

Most Visited During

  • Jan
  • Feb
  • Mar
  • Apr
  • May
  • Jun
  • Jul
  • Aug
  • Sep
  • Oct
  • Nov
  • Dec

Weather Forecast - Untergruppenbach