The village of Sinstorf is one of the oldest church towns in Harburg. Archaeological investigations date the foundation of the village to the 9th century. The name, formerly Synstorpe or Sydestorpe, derives from the saxon word sine (= always during / permanently / old). Sinstorf was first mentioned in 1181 in connection with the noble lord Ludwig von Sinstorf, whose court was probably on the site of today's pastorate. For Sinstorfer parish already included 14 surrounding villages in the Middle Ages.Administratively Sinstorf belonged to about 1645 founded Vogtei Höpen, which in turn was under the Office Harburg. Like the city of Harburg Sinstorf belonged to the Principality of Lüneburg or Brunswick-Lüneburg and the later Kingdom of Hanover, which in 1866 to the Prussian province of Hanover. In 1937, the Prussian village Sinstorf as well as the city of Harburg-Wilhelmsburg and several other places in the district by the Greater Hamburg Act was part of Hamburg.Source:
October 30, 2017
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!