The estate was in the 15th century owned by the Tamme family and the Hennecke von Holstein zu Ankershagen. In 1701 the von Oldenburg acquired part of the estate by taking over the rights and possession of Sibrandt von Secheln. Through further acquisitions owned family of Oldenburg from 1701 the entire place until 1769, the chamberlain Georg Ludwig von Oertzen took over the estate. His legal successor is in 1820 the bailiff Lembke, 1862 acquired family of Maltzan the estate and in 1880 it came to the lawyer Wilhelm Heinrich Friedrich Krull.Between 1885 and 1908 Federow served the Grand Ducal Ministry of the Interior as an extension of the rural workhouse Güstrow. In 1924 Georg Asselborn is named as the owner and in 1938 until the expropriation of the estate in 1945 Kurt Herrmann.After the Second World War, the mansion, which was probably built in the middle of the 19th century and later changed several times, was mainly used for residential purposes. After the extensive refurbishment of the building, a hotel with restaurant operation has been built here in recent years.
April 2, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!
Our Tour recommendations are based on thousands of activities completed by other people on komoot.