Road Cycling Highlight
The 15th century tannic tower fortified the northwest corner of the city, which has since been upgraded as a simultaneous flood defenses wall. Its counterpart was the now no longer extant Witches' Tower. This was originally called Lindenturm and received its later name from the 1604 housed there three women who were then accused of witchcraft. From 1738 the Tannenturm was used as a prison. That left exists today, but is not accessible. During World War II the tower was damaged and renovated in 1957. 🚴♂️
March 24, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!