Bike Touring Highlight
Until the 1960s, barges with coal, wood and building materials for the adjoining companies landed in the port of Bergedorf. From 1900 to 1902, the still existing stone quay was built here on the Serrahn and the Serrahnstraße, which leads to the (old) Holstenstraße, was built. There has not been a traditional port operation for decades, and only the electric crane on the old quay wall of 1901 is reminiscent of the old Bergedorf harbor period. He comes from the Maschinenfabrik Nagel & Kaemp in Hamburg-Winterhude and is a listed building. According to a magistrate order of 5.6.1902, for example, the crane can be rented by the hour!
February 19, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!