Bike Touring Highlight
The shell of the hall was built for the Civil Rifle Corps from 1939 to 1942 to plans by Alfred Crienitz and Walter Ahrens in the style of a low German farmhouse. Parts of the hall are located in the Jewish cemetery of Erfurt, which was partly removed during construction. The hall was planned for large events with up to 10,000 visitors. On November 8, 1941, the topping-out ceremony was celebrated (Wikipedia).
January 20, 2019
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!