Bike Touring Highlight
The city church of Neubukow is officially called Peter and Paul Church; named after Saints Peter and Paul.
This impressive brick church from the second quarter of the 13th century shows the transition from the Romanesque to the Gothic style. It is a listed building.
March 17, 2021
It is also called Peter and Paul Church.
"The construction of the church in Neubukow began at the time the city was founded in the second quarter of the 13th century, around 1240. The impressive brick building of the Peter and Paul Church still shows the transition from the Romanesque to the Gothic style.
In the 19th century the church received a neo-Gothic interior (altarpiece, stalls, galleries) as well as a new organ by the court organ builder Friese (1862). The granite baptismal font, carved by hand, dates from the 13th century, but was originally in the Alt Kariner Church. The oldest original “inventory” in the church is the oak pulpit (around 1600). The stained glass windows with biblical representations were made in 1912 by master glazier Busch, Berlin. The ringing of four bells (1930, 1951 and 1975) accompanies the congregation in joy and sorrow and calls them to devotion and reflection. The medieval ornaments in the shield gables of the tower were redrawn in 1999 based on authentic finds.
Our church is usually open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. from May to October. "
November 18, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!