Road Cycling Highlight
The Ringkirche is a Protestant church in Wiesbaden, which stands on a heavily used intersection island on all sides. Its location on the Ringstraße, which has been here since the death of Emperor Friedrich III. (1831-1888) "Emperor Friedrich ring" was called, owed the church immediately the name "ring church". It was built in the years 1892 to 1894 in neo-Romanesque style, with its 65 m high twin tower forms the western end of the wide visual axis in the Rheinstraße. The result is a functional central building, which until the end of the First World War, became a model for numerous Protestant church buildings in Germany. The trend-setting building from the Wilhelminian era has largely retained its original shape.
November 11, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!