Built in 1646 in the Renaissance style, the castle is elevated on the foothills of a former castle site. Between 1712 and 1748 Valerian Brenner carried out extensive renovation and refurbishment work in the Baroque style. In 1821, Earl Carl Leopold von Maldeghem purchased from the Lords of Riedheim the building and the associated properties. Count Maldeghem used the castle as a school and town hall or for rent. It has been privately owned since 1976 and is not open to the public.
October 23, 2018
In the know? Log-in to add a tip for other adventurers!